For startups, the biggest internal barriers to successful enterprise partnerships are limited resources and inexperience. For corporates its issues around structure, organisational culture and internal process. SwiftScale breaks these barriers with our corporate collaboration model. Accordingly we partnered with PwC to deliver a unique programme focused on accelerating enterprise engagement with fast-growth scale-ups.
Demo Day marks the end of the Winter ’16 programme. For the past 3 months, the startups have enjoyed masterclasses from sales & marketing experts, extensive corporate introductions and guidance from industry specialists within PwC, sponsors Hewlett Packard Enterprise and Sage and our carefully curated group of executive mentors. As a result, the cohort have grown and accelerated their sales pipelines, developed business planning and received valuable corporate insights.
The evening, hosted at PwC headquarters in London, saw our Winter ’16 Cohort; 12 of the most promising enterprise scale-ups from across the globe, pitch their progress and showcase their products to a selected audience of enterprise executives, investors, entrepreneurs and community influencers.
As the Winter ’16 programme wraps up, another is launched. SwiftScale and PwC are looking for the next batch of exceptional companies leading the future of work. In addition, we look forward to extended collaboration with our alumni. SwiftScale and PwC will continue to drive the success of our graduating cohort through on-going access to their network, further workshops and exclusive products and services from our partners.
Alex Sainty, co-founder of SwiftScale, said:
“I am intensely proud of this cohort and their many achievements; pipelines have expanded, pilots have been negotiated, contracts won, money raised and teams have grown. The success of the scale-ups is directly attributable to our strong partnership with PwC, which I believe exemplifies the impact of effective startup-corporate collaboration.”
Nigel Howlett, UK private business innovation leader at PwC, added:
“The quality of the cohort is exceptionally high and it’s been enjoyable to work with them over the 3 months. It’s fantastic to see the opportunities PwC & SwiftScale have created for the scale-ups and larger organisations combined. We strongly believe in collaboration with small and large businesses to build innovative solutions and this programme showcases what can be achieved. By connecting our clients with scale-ups at the forefront of emerging technology, we have the ability to help define the working world of the future.”
The 12 scale-ups leading the future of work are:
- action.ai is transforming the way people engage with businesses. Their patented and award-winning technology platform enables companies to launch smart Chatbots quickly and efficiently. action.ai is already engaging with some of the world’s leading companies.
- Adepto helps companies find, engage and manage their own extended workforce networks. It also provides larger companies with access to use their platform for internal labour mobility.
- Benivo (formerly FlatClub) helps corporates provide relocation support for their junior employees, at a rate 90% cheaper than the current market average. The company has 60 corporate clients, active in over 100 locations, and 70 employees in London and Armenia.
- BulbThings is a smart asset management platform that helps companies take back control of their physical assets with a sleek, affordable app. Their solution automates administrative tasks and uses analytics and the Internet of Things for actionable insights to better manage assets in real-time, and make savings.
- Emoquo is a cloud based digital coaching and people analytics solution for everyone at work. For employees, it’s a confidential coaching app to solve everyday problems and for organisations, it’s a real-time dashboard showing the emotional resilience of your workforce.
- Money Mover is a fintech payments platform transforming the way small and medium-sized enterprises make international transfers. It does this by giving them the tools, transparency and pricing which until now, were only available to large corporates and institutions.
- Motivii is a platform that helps managers and their teams save time, improve feedback and boost performance. From the individual to the enterprise, Motivii works with all businesses across every sector.
- Peak are pioneering Data-Analytics-as-a-Service. They turn data into opportunities and help their clients grow revenues and profits through a fully outsourced, subscription based data analytics service that can be deployed quickly, delivering value immediately.
- Privitar’s mission is to promote and facilitate the ethical and safe use of valuable data assets. The company works with the world’s largest organisations to drive the benefits from data through broader use, collaboration and monetisation without compromising on data privacy and security.
- Sedicii has patented a Zero Knowledge Proof based technology that eliminates the exposure of sensitive personal data during an authentication or identity verification process, allowing the matching of identity datasets, without an exchange of the underlying identity data while making it fully compatible with the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Talmix wants to become the world’s marketplace for independent business talent. With a selection of over 27,000 profiles in 132 markets, their platform allows companies to identify, hire and manage the top 1% of independent consultants around the world on demand, to deliver specific projects or interim roles.
- Valsight helps companies achieve their financial objectives. Their software simplifies the calculation of business cases and reduces the effort of simulating financial scenarios, empowering financial controllers to focus on forward-looking analyses that enable management to take the right strategic actions.
George Johnston, co-founder of SwiftScale, concluded:
“There is an incredible breadth of support available to early-stage startups. But what happens when a startup is ready to scale? These scale-ups have massive potential but are being neglected, so this is where SwiftScale focuses … it’s such a great opportunity for corporates to achieve low-risk, high-impact startup engagement, and partnerships like this are leading the way.”